SigmaGraft, Inc. is seeking a Senior Research Scientist for the R&D Department to participate in ongoing and future research projects. Current research projects are focused on developing biomaterials and medical devices, such as membranes and composites, for dental and collagen applications.
*The essential job functions or duties of this position are as follows:
- Designs and conducts complex clinical research studies requiring the determination and evaluation of alternative methods
diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure proper completion and maintenance of research documentation (e.g., technical reports, data summaries, data archive, etc.).
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies.
- Communicates research results to regulatory authorities.
- Develops new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/ or continuing research activities.
- Assist in the long-term planning and budgeting for research activities to meet programmatic goals.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and
be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and mist be willing to
report safety violation and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel. - Performs other assigned duties as needed *Desired Qualifications:• PhD Degree with 5+ years industry or independent research experience• Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science background• Strong publication record appropriate to years of experience • Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated in publications in peer-reviewed journals • Knowledge of FDA quality systems regulations (QSR) and ISO standards (ISO 13485)• Solid experience in creating and following Design and Development documentation requirements *Job Type: Full-time *Work Location: One location *Benefits: Health insurance Dental insurance Vision insurance Retirement plan Paid time off *Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm, No weekends *Company's website: www.sigmagraft.com